TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Petra Kvitova's YEC 2012 (1 match and a withdrawal)

View Single Post

Old Oct 12th, 2012, 05:17 AM   #55
country flag ShiftyFella

ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Petra Kvitova's YEC 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excelscior View Post
Interesting theory Shifty.

Not sure if you read everything I wrote. But last year--around this time--Petra hadn't won two matches in a row (except Tokyo) since Wimbledon.

Her game was shot. She was struggling and had no answers. Petra wanted to practice on her own (or what ever she planned to do) as well. She didn't plan to enter a tournament either. Just like what you're saying now.

It wasn't until the last minute (since she was the #2 ranked player--she had precedence), she decided to go to Linz--with out Kotyza to "work on my game and practice my shots", she said.

Remember, Petra doesn't have to learn how to slice, drop shot and volley. She already can. It's more a timing, feel--for the opponent--issue, under match conditions (especially against excellent opponents--or after she hasn't played in a while).
I think it was just her gut feeling and frustration because of low level performance after slam win, this time it all can be different. We have to wait and see how stuff unfolds but i have confidence in Petra and hope she can make out of RR rounds and gets to semis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excelscior View Post
Petra practicing alone, with lower ranked female players, Katie the PR lady or Kotyza, may work somewhat. However, it's not going to replicate match conditions or competition, when she needs to.

Maybe the pre and post pubescent boys of Prostejov can?....But who knows (what we know about them, their ability, and experience)?
Petra practiced with Adam who was just low level men's mug and she wins Wimbledon than she stops practicing with men and her level goes downhill(omit YEC form), so maybe this way is better
ShiftyFella is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote