TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Petra Kvitova's YEC 2012 (1 match and a withdrawal)

View Single Post

Old Oct 11th, 2012, 08:48 PM   #51
country flag ShiftyFella

ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Petra Kvitova's YEC 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excelscior View Post
New Haven to US Open was a little different, cause Petra was going on 5 straight weeks of tennis--during the summer--if she had beat Bartoli.

This is a little different. Petra hasn't played much (as Holdworth noted), and she's had time off as well.

Luxemburg probably wouldn't bother her (because of those reasons). And Vika played Luxemberg last year, and still made the finals--playing Petra.

You would prefer the week off before. But it probably wouldn't make much difference in her case.

As far as "throwing off her practice": Petra actually left Kotyza home (she didn't even plan on going to Linz, and made up her mind at the last minute), and used Linz as a prep/practice venue for the YEC (and trust me, you could tell), till she worked her way into that brilliant all court game and won the tournament.
what i get from her recent interviews, she is pumped and ready to work on her game, if Petra goes to Lux she may or may not get to level she needs but if she stays to practice she can get close to it and would remain positive because if she plays shaky in Lux this can be knock on her confidence, also i'm interested how Petra and her team would handle preparation for YEC without any events that would get her in rhythm

btw, in Montreal HuggyBear was absent also, so maybe she should ditch him at all and play without coach
ShiftyFella is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote