TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Ana Ivanovic's Dramatic Weight Loss: Any One Concerned... Yet??

View Single Post

Old Oct 11th, 2012, 07:56 PM   #369
beecharmer

beecharmer is just really nice beecharmer is just really nice beecharmer is just really nice beecharmer is just really nice beecharmer is just really nice beecharmer is just really nice beecharmer is just really nice beecharmer is just really nice beecharmer is just really nice beecharmer is just really nice beecharmer is just really nice
Re: Ana Ivanovic's Dramatic Weight Loss: Any One Concerned... Yet??

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennisfan146 View Post
She just reached a GS QF and is 12th in the rankings. Only a fool would call it a slump. I personally think Sears has been a great coach to Ana. She's been playing at a high level lately, not really getting the big wins, but she is beating the players she should beat. As far as the weight loss is concerned, she is not looking sick by any means, but yeah, her figure has looked more athletic than now. Probably wouldn't hurt her to gain a bit of muscle. What I really can't understand is that how do some people compare her to Hantuchova during her anorexic days, Ana doesn't look anything like that right now.
I agree she doesn't look nearly as bad as Hantuchova when she was scarily thin but as you say, she has lost muscle and that's detrimental to her game. She may be a more consistent winner at the moment, but a malnourished body isn't going to keep her consistently strong and uninjured over the coming years. She's a nice woman and I hope the physical and mental come together for her.
beecharmer is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote