Originally Posted by Sir Stefwhit
I already started a topic in the GM but it's worth a second mention here.
Interestingly enough Serena has either made it to the finals or withdrawn from every Year End Champiinships she's ever been a part of. I didn't realize that was the case till just now...
- 1999: withdrew w/back injury
- 2000: withdrew w/left foot injury
- 2001: champion (elimination format - got w/o from Davenport in final)
- 2002: runner-up (elimination format - l. to Clijsters in F)
- 2003: withdrew w/left knee injury
- 2004: runner-up (2-1 in RR, d. Mauresmo in SFs, l. to Sharapova in F)
- 2007: fell in RR stage (0-1 record then withdrew w/left knee injury)
- 2008: fell in RR stage (1-1 record then withdrew w/abdominal injury)
- 2009: champion (3-0 in RR, d. Wozniacki in SFs, d. V.Williams in F)
- 2010: withdrew w/right foot injury
I know! This is scary! I am honestly wondering whether I should even bother going to Istanbul now!