TennisForum.com - View Single Post - SELES POWER !!!!!!! INVENCIBLE - vol 2

View Single Post

Old Oct 11th, 2012, 05:23 PM   #5369
country flag Oizo
Everything Fades Away

Oizo has a reputation beyond repute Oizo has a reputation beyond repute Oizo has a reputation beyond repute Oizo has a reputation beyond repute Oizo has a reputation beyond repute Oizo has a reputation beyond repute Oizo has a reputation beyond repute Oizo has a reputation beyond repute Oizo has a reputation beyond repute Oizo has a reputation beyond repute Oizo has a reputation beyond repute
Re: SELES POWER !!!!!!! INVENCIBLE - vol 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miranda View Post
I highly doubt that. Even before her troublesome years, she did not get as much great results as Monica or Hingis did, both won slams at just 16 while Jennifer did not even get to a slam final . And after she came back, she just got 2 good years i.e. 2001 and 2002 and then vanished into the air. You can see that, even in the years she did best, she was not as dominating as other great champions like Graf/Seles/Hingis did and she did not win that much of titles, only 14? in total
She won the Olympic Gold at only 16 years beating Steffi Graf and she reached the semifinals of Wimbledon & US Open with only 14 years of age, something what makes her a step ahead of both Seles and Hingis. Like I said: I am not comparing them, I just point out what a remarkable potential Jennifer had, being called by all tennis experts a rare talent of that time.
As of Monica and Hingis, they both failed to win all slams and don't have an excuse for that. By not reaching the career slam they can't compete for the greatest player ever title. They belong to the tennis greats and that's about it.