TennisForum.com - View Single Post - ~Petra Martic~

Thread: ~Petra Martic~
View Single Post

Old Oct 11th, 2012, 04:49 PM   #2984
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute
Re: ~Petra Martic~

So let's see... This year Vika lost to:

- Bartoli on hard (Miami)
- MaSha on clay (Stuttgart)
- Serena on clay (Madrid)
- Cibulkova on clay (French)
- Serena on grass (Wimbledon & Olympics) and hard (USO)

Seems like tomorrow Petra will have an easy job

OK, let's not get ahead of ourselves (after all, Vika could get sick during the match...). Today I got the feeling that only the first set was won, while the other two were given through excessive errors coming from the other side. What made the difference is a) Mayr's inability to hold it together for a long time aka inconsistency and b) Petra's ability to calm down on time. Mayr is far from her best ranking and that speaks volumes, especially about consistency. I don't know how on earth she managed to surprise Lisicki to such a degree, but it was clear today that Petra was by far the better player, with herself as her only real threat. Mayr's defensive skills are not too shaby, but when Petra is composed and when her serve is working, she can keep things under control rather easily. Second set shows us what happens when her mind drifts and serve falls apart.

Tomorrow serious expectations would be ludicrous. I'd be happy with something like 6 games won by Petra and an interesting match. It would thrill me to see Petra loosen up as much as possible, use an array of weapons and try to provoke a firecracker of a match. Given how much Vika has been playing recently and that this is, after all, only an International, if Petra comes out ready to have some fun we could get a really interesting showdown.

Really looking forward to this one
ma re is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote