TennisForum.com - View Single Post - BT Vision to gain WTA Rights In UK

View Single Post

Old Oct 10th, 2012, 08:42 PM   #38
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute
Re: BT Vision to gain WTA Rights In UK

Having looked into what BT Vision is about. It does seem if they are really hoping people to get a new setup, new broadband etc. for 1 of their packages even for the football sounds pretty unlikely. Even less likely for WTA tennis. This does seem a bad idea. Sure it will probably get good full coverage on BT Vision but I would be surprised if even 5% of people will have access to this even after people subscribe for the football. It will take a lot more than the odd football match (the package is not even 1 match a week, and none of the top matches, Sky still have the 5 best and most expensive packages) and the tennis for people en masse to change their setup so drastically for this. Tbh I am surprised BT Vision even expect this to take off at all. ESPN it was just 1 extra channel to ring up and subscribe too. This seems to have a lot more hoops and setup to get.

All this taken into account it does seem a dodgy move at best. Obviously they are getting a lot more money for this, but the exposure (or lack of) I can imagine hurting greatly if it really is going to be this difficult to get BT Vision. There was part of me hoping Sky were going to bid for it to take advantage of a potential peak in interest as a result of Laura's rise up the rankings and get a dedicated tennis channel or something, because Sky tend to do a great job at stirring up interest for all the sports they have.
ozza is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote