TennisForum.com - View Single Post - From year-end number 1 to not even making the Y.E.C...

View Single Post

Old Oct 10th, 2012, 06:46 PM   #35
country flag Jimmie48
Live at the Rainbow!

Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: From year-end number 1 to not even making the Y.E.C...

Quote:
Originally Posted by spartanfan View Post
Question: I don't really follow Caroline closely, but what is everyone's assessment of why she's slid down the rankings? Has she just over-played and burned out (like Jankovic), have people just caught on to her game and figured out how to play and defeat her? Any ideas?
It's a mix of two things: She has abandoned her old game trying to be more aggressive but it never clicked..then she went back a bit but not completely and now she's stuck somewhere in the middle and it leads her nowhere. The constant changes of coaches give you an idea of the lack of direction there is.

All this is made worse by a lack of effort. Her response to losses this year has been to hide away on the golf course, She didn't bother to play any tournaments after Wimbledon but went on jollies instead. This has become a major problem, Caroline who once was one of the hardest workers on tour tries to get by with 90% effort ever since she met the golfer.

You combine these two issues and you get the mess she's in right now. Looking at how Bartoli plays lately, even getting back into the Top 10 will be a tall order...especially since it looks like she'll fire TJ and get back to Piotr only again. Which brings us back to the missing sense of direction...

My Tennis Photo Website

Twitter
Jimmie48 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote