TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Virginie Razzano Club

View Single Post

Old Oct 10th, 2012, 07:26 PM   #1396
country flag Bероника
creo en la diosa ♥ Sveta ♥

Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Virginie Razzano Club

Virginie could not get past Stosur but looks like it was a good fight from her

(1) Samantha Stosur (AUS) d. Virginie Razzano (FRA) 16 62 64

from WTA site about the match

Quote:
Samantha Stosur overcame a nightmare start to defeat Virginie Razzano and reach the quarterfinals of the HP Open on Wednesday.

Having won just seven matches since the start of March and just one set in her four encounters with Stosur, the pre-match form book did not augur well for Razzano.

However, the Frenchwoman is a mercurial talent - illustrated by her epic win over Serena Williams earlier this year at Roland Garros - and in the first set she threw the form book out of the window, dictating the rallies and preventing Stosur from establishing any sort of rhythm on her trademark forehand wing.

After being a distant second best for the entire opening set, Stosur capitalized on a slight dip from her opponent to break serve at the start of the second and secure a belated foothold in the contest. A further break in the fifth game proved enough for her to take the set and with the momentum now in her favor she repeated the trick in the decider to secure a 16 62 64 win.

"She's one of those players who is very tough to play when she's on her game," Stosur said. "She stays on the baseline, she hits the ball hard and it's hard to get on top of the point.

"When she's just that little bit off, then it's important for me to hit my heavy ball and take control, which is what I tried to do in the second and third sets."