TennisForum.com - View Single Post - ~Petra Martic~

Thread: ~Petra Martic~
View Single Post

Old Oct 10th, 2012, 06:17 PM   #2971
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute
Re: ~Petra Martic~

With this win Petra actually only defended last year's points from Linz, but still great for her to go that far in a tournament. In singles there is a chance for a QF, but since it's just an International, even that wouldn't get her higher than around #57. Not bad, but not exactly where she deserves to be either.

Looking at next year, one thing cannot be overlooked. Petra has done horribly this year on virtually all mandatory events, and yet, somehow still managed to end the year close to top 50 (assuming she doesn't make a series of huge upsets here and wins the title). Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think all these events are mandatory: AO, Doha, IW, Miami, Madrid, Wimbledon, USO, Beijing - in neither of these tournaments has she managed to get away with a win. Hope that changes next year.
ma re is offline View My Blog!