TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Interesting Fact: 1st time in WTA history every player in top 8...

View Single Post

Old Oct 10th, 2012, 06:00 PM   #37
country flag TeraByte

TeraByte is a splendid one to behold TeraByte is a splendid one to behold TeraByte is a splendid one to behold TeraByte is a splendid one to behold TeraByte is a splendid one to behold TeraByte is a splendid one to behold TeraByte is a splendid one to behold TeraByte is a splendid one to behold TeraByte is a splendid one to behold TeraByte is a splendid one to behold TeraByte is a splendid one to behold
Re: Interesting Fact: 1st time in WTA history every player in top 8...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cp6uja View Post
All WTA TOP13 is from 13 different countries, and 7 countries is represented into ATP TOP8! Its sound perfect till we take look from which regions they come: EUROPE, EUROPE, EUROPE, EUROPE, EUROPE... all the way!

At WTA TOP64 (WTA PM&P5 and ATP Masters are 64-draw events) there is just 12 non-European players (so in ATP with 20 this kind of distributions are actually better)!

BTW, there is also one bizarre fact about WTA TOP rank this season. For example between Roland Garros and US Open all TOP8 players are also from 8 different countries - but half of them been players with Polish decent, despite only Radwanska represented Poland (today - 4 out of TOP11).
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreConrad View Post
Well Europe gets interrupted at #3 in WTA and at #8 in ATP. Nonetheless European presence is strong, however Asian insurgence is encouraging and positive signs from the US. I also think Australia and rest of Americas are not sleeping and I believe that the stats in the coming years will be less dominated by Europeans.
Yet still you hear this unanimous moaning about Asian Swing in TF: unimportant, worse audience, players don't care, etc. How tennis can become more popular outside Europe/Americas/Australia without organizing big tournaments in Asia, and esp. the Far East which seems the most promising of all the rest of the world?
TeraByte is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote