TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Petra Kvitova's YEC 2012 (1 match and a withdrawal)

View Single Post

Old Oct 9th, 2012, 07:42 PM   #22
country flag netphobia

netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold
Re: Petra Kvitova's YEC 2012

Playing with guys is completely different than when you hit with girls – more topspin, deeper more powerful shots and ESPECIALLY more of the topspin-looper type shots that force you to hit w/open stance. Lots of girls hit flatter and tend to put the ball more in the "strike zone" so to speak (somewhere between base/service line) and it's harder to practice hitting off balance, off your wrong foot, etc. etc. – so I really hope she can have a consistent hitting partner.

Serena has a guy hitting partner right? Which has probably helped Serena greatly w/control, power, and reaction time as well since a lot of guys have longer reach/better athleticism.

Playing with guys always scares me I'm just like WHAT? HOW TOPSPIN??

Guys' overheads/serves are always really powerful as well. So I can't lob them at the net and if I do by accident I just back up and try not to get hit.
netphobia is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote