TennisForum.com - View Single Post - New Big West - 2012-13

View Single Post

Old Oct 9th, 2012, 03:58 PM   #89
country flag beachman49

beachman49 has disabled reputation
Re: New Big West - 2012-13

Thank you fantic. I am trying to heed your counsel.

For the record, LB's # 6 Karolina Rozenberg then beat UCI's Sarah Gong 2-6, 7-6, 6-3.

To the Big West tournament question, no Big West schools play at Indian Wells prior to the tournament week. Long Beach State did once around 2008 at part of the Pacific Life Open where they gave the men's and women's champs a match at the tourney. LB narrowly beat Nebraska. But that has stopped because of the cost of travelling for a home match and because the matches had to be spread out all over the facility which was odd for college tennis. Neither the men or women desired to continue.

However, I do know that UCI and UCSB arrived 2 days prior to the tournament last season while LB arrived the afternoon before because I over heard two coaches talking about it (budget) while at the tournament last year.

In my opinion, I beieve the Big West tournament results over the years are based on talent and experience of having been there year after year in later rounds. The only real anamoly is 2010 and anyone following Big West tennis knows exactly what occured there.
beachman49 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote