TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Most Painful Sharapova Final Loss?

View Single Post

Old Oct 8th, 2012, 10:34 PM   #23
country flag Kitten63

Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Most Painful Sharapova Final Loss?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mexicola View Post
Yep, these past two years especially have had a lot of brutal moments. And not just in finals. You obviously had the US Open semifinal defeat to Vika, which was really tough because Maria was in great position to actually win in a rout and change the dynamic of the rivalry in a big way. 6-2, 1-0, 40-15. 2 points to consolidate that break. Ugh..

But the worst loss EVER for me will be the 2011 French semi against Li Na. The way Maria gagged every single big point still leaves me speechless.

Same for me, I atually cried after that loss. It's easier to deal with it now because she won RG this year but if she had ended her career without a French Open,I would have never gotten over it because at the time it was her best chance to win it.

As for her most painful loss in a final,It's got to be AO this year. There was just no excuse for her to win only 3 games against Azarenka.

AO 2007,Olympics 2012 and Miami 2012 are up there too.

Anna Chakvetadze Petra Kvitova Jelena Jankovic Nicole Vaidisova Svetlana Kuznetsova Dinara Safina Elena Dementieva Vera Zvonereva Nadia Petrova Marion Bartoli Samantha Stosur

0663...Eternal follower of the Golden Girl
Federer Gasquet Djokovic Youzhny Berdych Ancic Soderling
Kitten63 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote