TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Where does Azarenka go from here?

View Single Post

Old Oct 8th, 2012, 10:17 PM   #88
country flag Smitten

Smitten has a reputation beyond repute Smitten has a reputation beyond repute Smitten has a reputation beyond repute Smitten has a reputation beyond repute Smitten has a reputation beyond repute Smitten has a reputation beyond repute Smitten has a reputation beyond repute Smitten has a reputation beyond repute Smitten has a reputation beyond repute Smitten has a reputation beyond repute Smitten has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Where does Azarenka go from here?

I won't debate Borz in here, but she's not at her best and everyone knows she can bring a higher level to the table. Everything shifts over the course of a career and all it takes is one big win to turn things around.

Anyway, back to the point. We already KNEW Azarenka can beat up on Martha and Agatha.

Do we know that this current Azarenka can beat an IN-FORM Kvitova? No. Part of this is Kvitova's fault for being local all year but it's still a valid question.

For all the credit that Azarenka gets, she played Serena in 3 big matches this year and only won 1 set. Embarrassed in Madrid F, played 1 tight set at Wimbledon, and almost won the USO(still worrying because Azarenka played well and Serena played mediocre including her serve).

All she did this year was beat the players she was supposed to. She still hasn't beaten the players who we've seen reduce her to the weaponless joke she is.