TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Petra Kvitova News and Articles

View Single Post

Old Oct 8th, 2012, 07:55 PM   #1332
country flag ShiftyFella

ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Petra Kvitova News and Articles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excelscior View Post
She hadn't won a match at Wimbledon before 2010. She may not had even won a match on grass before Wimbledon.

Which is my point, exactly. Just because a surface suits Petra and/or she has historical results, it doesn't mean you can count on it. Petra's form, confidence and focus have to all be hand in hand.

Petra could have also been injured or tired around the time grass season rolled around pre-2010 as well. That may have affected her results.
My point was that Petra is more familiar with in.hc surface and supposedly plays more confident because of it and that is why she had success there,we all know if she's not confident she is not wining.

just for fun, looked up stats on grass before 2010 she is 2-4 after 23-6

udp
jff#2 Azarenka post 2010 has same record on grass as Petra
ShiftyFella is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote