TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Petra Kvitova News and Articles

View Single Post

Old Oct 8th, 2012, 08:33 PM   #1329
country flag Excelscior

Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Petra Kvitova News and Articles

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiftyFella View Post
It was reported that she had some problems with her health there too but i guess it's more about difference in "feel" between indoor venue and ones with retractable roof. Actually i'm surprised by Petra's poor record on grass, she's only 25-10 all time even Vika\Aga have more matches there, i guess that's why everyone was surprised by her Wimby win
She hadn't won a match at Wimbledon before 2010. She may not had even won a match on grass before Wimbledon.

Which is my point, exactly. Just because a surface suits Petra and/or she has historical results, it doesn't mean you can count on it. Petra's form, confidence and focus have to all be hand in hand.

Petra could have also been injured or tired around the time grass season rolled around pre-2010 as well. That may have affected her results.
Excelscior is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote