TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Who is better: Mauresmo or Sabatini?

View Single Post

Old Oct 8th, 2012, 07:10 PM   #13
country flag spiceboy

spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Who is better: Mauresmo or Sabatini?

Sabatini IMO.

Her rivals during her career were most of the very best in the last decades and probably ever (Navratilova, Graf, Seles) plus her "second rated rivals" were the consistent Sánchez Vicario, Martínez and MJ Fernandez.

Mauresmo peaked when the Williamses were nowhere their peak and Clijsters, Henin and Davenport as their main rivals were good but nothing compared to the likes of Navratilova and Graf.

It is true that Mauresmo won 2 Grand Slams and Sabatini just one but they both played 3 Grand Slam finals, Gabriela facing no less than Graf in all those finals.

But probably the fact that actually proves who is the better player and what kind of rivals they had to face in the latter stages of GS tournaments is Gaby reaching a total of 18 GS semifinals while Amelie playing just 8 of them. And if you check their all time record you will see that their longevity is pretty much the same. Sabatini played 43 GS MD while Mauresmo played 42.
spiceboy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote