TennisForum.com - View Single Post - News confirmed: No tennis on Eurosport in 2013 outside the slams

View Single Post

Old Oct 7th, 2012, 08:21 PM   #292
country flag StoneRose

StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute
Re: News confirmed: No tennis on Eurosport in 2013 outside the slams

Quote:
Originally Posted by fnc View Post
As much as I would liked to have the seen the Beijing final live on ES I can accept that other sports also deserve live coverage. The weekend and especially Sunday is a difficult day for ES with a lot of sport taking place. Visit a motorsport forum and they'll be complaining about the amount of tennis coverage.

The thing I'm worried about and which has been mentioned here is when one broadcaster has both the ATP and WTA rights. Next year we'll have that situation here in Holland. Unless one of the extra channels will be used they'll have to switch between ATP and WTA. It'll also mean less coverage in HD.
It's likely they'll use another channel for this if necessary. I'm quite happy with the move from ES to sport 1. ES had fair coverage but not all that great. Sport 1 is very thorough in their ATP coverage with lots of tennis programming besides the tournaments themselves.
StoneRose is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote