TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Why does Vika hate Maria so much?

View Single Post

Old Oct 7th, 2012, 06:37 PM   #131
country flag harloo

harloo has a reputation beyond repute harloo has a reputation beyond repute harloo has a reputation beyond repute harloo has a reputation beyond repute harloo has a reputation beyond repute harloo has a reputation beyond repute harloo has a reputation beyond repute harloo has a reputation beyond repute harloo has a reputation beyond repute harloo has a reputation beyond repute harloo has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Why does Vika hate Maria so much?

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneRose View Post
These. Since Stuttgart it's clear they dislike each other. So i understand Vika not bothering anymore. What's the use of uttering compliments you don't mean anyway. Agree with Hangover the difference in playing strength on HC is big, don't see that changing the next few years.
I think the problem started before Stuggart particularly when Sharapova dissed Vika because she was complaining about the schedule. Maria also implied that Vika was faking injury by saying that she would see Vika training on court perfectly fine after she pulled out of a tournament. I notice if Maria really doesn't like a player she'll make shady remarks towards them in the press conference. She doesn't necessarily do it often but with Vika she's done it many times.

I'm pretty sure her remarks have gotten back to Vika and she doesn't like Maria at all for it hence the bump in Stuggart and not acknowledging her after the win today. Sometimes it's not all peaches and roses amongst these women especially when they're around the same age fighting for the same titles. Both of them are competitive because they're considered the future right now and it's a competition as to who will be on top between them.

Maria is good at masking her dislike for a player publicly, Vika isn't at this point but she'll learn. Right now she's coming into her own as the #1 player so she's not going to relinquish anything to her main rival. Maria was the same way at 17.

harloo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote