TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Petra Kvitova's YEC 2012 (1 match and a withdrawal)

View Single Post

Old Oct 7th, 2012, 01:47 PM   #16
country flag Excelscior

Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Petra Kvitova's YEC 2012

Some fleeting thoughts:

As I watch Sharapova get her butt kicked again (Sharapova loses 6-3 6-1, with horrible stats from both players), it really makes me laugh that Petra has lost three in a row to her.

And before Petronius can tell us how great Sharpie's been this year--compared to last year (though she can't beat seem to beat Vika, Serena and sometimes Aga and Kerber), the Australian Open wasn't like that. Not at all.

Sharapova was very fortunate she won that match. Even Sharapova fans said "Petra deserved" or "should of won that match". Kvitova only converted about 3 of 14 BP's (if I remember correctly), in a three set match, where she just seemed to give up at the end, following many close calls and numerous near break situations.

Yes, Petra was more comprehensively beaten at the French Open. No arguments there. But her lack of experience and preparation clearly showed in that Sharapova match at the Australian Open.

Shame! Cause Masha has so many exposable flaws in her game (for a top ranked player to exploit).

There's a reason why Masha couldn't win a final for such a long time (pressure), and why she seems to get her butt handed to her time and time again in these big matches (lack of skill level/ability to the competition). Petra tapped into those during Wimby (not including the surface--grass-- of course), and almost did at the Australian. But ever since Stuttgart, it's been down hill.

Hopefully there's a chance in 2013, or even the YEC, for Petra to start to reverse this recent almost-trend. When top players play well--or well on faster surfaces vs Masha, they make her look like a mug.
Excelscior is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote