TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Was Maria's Olympic final performance the worst final performance of the year?

View Single Post

Old Oct 7th, 2012, 06:52 AM   #36
country flag swim4life227

swim4life227 has a reputation beyond repute swim4life227 has a reputation beyond repute swim4life227 has a reputation beyond repute swim4life227 has a reputation beyond repute swim4life227 has a reputation beyond repute swim4life227 has a reputation beyond repute swim4life227 has a reputation beyond repute swim4life227 has a reputation beyond repute swim4life227 has a reputation beyond repute swim4life227 has a reputation beyond repute swim4life227 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Was Maria's Olympic final performance the worst final performance of the year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cehowardrx7 View Post
Not only that, and correct me if I am wrong, it was the biggest audience ever too. That stadium was filled, a zillion TVs were tuned in, it was the Olympics. This tennis tournament only comes around EVERY 4 YEARS!! IMO, it is higher than a slam. And to muster up only 1 game, come on now!! This might rate as the worst final performance of the decade, or century!! What ya think?
You must be a Dementevia fan.

Quote:
For the so-called "worst final performance of 2012" she won a silver medal for her country. Eat your hearts out, guys.
I think you missed the point. Regardless of the performance, Maria was guaranteed a Silver Medal that day regardless if she defecated on court. Her getting a Silver medal that day doesn't suddenly nullify that it was a bad performance. It's not like they can revoke medals for bad performances....
swim4life227 is offline View My Blog!