TennisForum.com - View Single Post - ADELE is back! Pre-Order her new song "Skyfall" NOW!

View Single Post

Old Oct 6th, 2012, 03:03 PM   #45
Olórin

Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute
Re: ADELE is back! Pre-Order her new song "Skyfall" NOW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KournikovaFan91 View Post
Bassey gets so much praise for her songs however they are some of the worst in terms of chart success so I dunno why everyone loves them, from her era Carly Simon and Paul McCartney's songs are far superior.
Goldfinger is recognisable just from the one word. The fact it's become associated with James Bond rather than a song in its own right like the others you mentioned is actually a strength because it immediately becomes associated with a hugely successful franchise and vice versa. Of course it helps that Goldfinger is one of the better known and best received Bond films. And I also read that it sold a million physical sales in the US by staying on the charts a long time. So not sure your chart information is complete.

Charts don't really mean much when you're talking about songs from 40+ years ago. Tina Turner never had a #1 hit single in the UK but I dare say more people could sing the lyrics to Proud Mary than to, say "Everytime" by Britney Spears or "What's My Name by Rihanna, which are recent #1 "hits".
Olórin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote