TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 5

View Single Post

Old Oct 6th, 2012, 02:44 PM   #4317
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlox View Post
She was getting deep into every hardcourt major. Final USO 2009, then SF SF in 2010,2011.She was one point from the AO final in 2011. At the FO she lost to the eventual champion, Schiavone in a QF in 2010. I thought her clay runup to 2011 FO was her best clay season. A good effort in a Rome SF to Sharapova. Wins in Brussels, Charleston, final Stuttgart.We disagree on how good she was. I think she was excellent and playing at the highest level besides Serena & Kim.You think she was going to lose every major no matter what. Now I agree with you. I cant see any slam draw she gets thru, the way she's playing
The weakminded part is NOT that she tried to improve. Its that she dropped so far, so fast.. with no reason for it. She was healthy, she played a full schedule, and now she hasnt made a Tier I/slam/YEC final since spring of 2011. The next chance is in 2013, and she'll be an outsider based on her 2012 form
Okay,Goldenlox,it's time to get off the bus toward your delusional field trip: Dinara ALSO went deep in Slams;in fact,she made THREE finals to Caro's One...and guess what?She wasn't any closer to winning than Caro was. When you note how Caroline was DOMINATED in some of her losses,that indicates that she wasn't at the elite level in Slams.You practically never see one of the legends get her ass royally kicked unless the opponent is in absolute GOAT mode,hitting 120 mph serves down the middle and painting the lines with winners.....That wasn't true in ANY of Caro's losses except for,maybe,the Serena loss(I can't recall)...even so,chronic Slam underachiever Stosur beat her in the very next match.You keep repeating 'one point from the 2011 AO final' over and over like some idiotic Catholic offering some mantra to Jesus' dead,human mother.What THEN?What if Li had gifted an UE to Caro on match point?Was she gonna destroy Kim in the final?HELL F--KING NO!!She probably wouldn't even have won a set if you judge by the NUMEROUS examples of Slam flame-outs that I gave you in that other,detailed post.

Losing to Fran by a score like 6-2,6-3 is unacceptable;Fran NEVER beats top players by such dominant scores--in fact,she rarely beats them at all....Getting destroyed by Dani ON CLAY is unacceptable...You quote me as saying that she'd lose every Slam no matter what.....WakeTFU,Goldenlox!!!She DID lose,so it's not a question of speculating and,as I listed CLEARLY for you and everyone else,only TWO of those eleven losses were truly close matches where she had a halfway chance to win.I don't see HOW you can get around that final stat....unless you're one of those people who crawls on her knees for 5 km to 'talk' with a stone statue of Mary....Caro had every reason to doubt that her passive style of play wouldn't take her any further than it did,and I haven't heard ANY intelligent tennis legend...except for YOU,of course...who suggested that she should do absolutely nothing to add aggressive elements to her game.What's so hilarious is that you complained so strongly--rightfully so,in this case--about Caro's inability to finish off points and opponents....while,at the same time,protesting her efforts to learn how to do exactly that.I can't even pretend to grasp your (il)logic there

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

Don't you just love it when someone rambles aimlessly for 5 minutes and then says, "To make a long story short"?
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!