TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Matches where players retired to prevent beatdowns?

View Single Post

Old Oct 6th, 2012, 02:24 PM   #60
country flag pov

pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Matches where players retired to prevent beatdowns?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkutsaar View Post
The bottom line is that I think Kerber’s withdrawal of a match she was not going to win is a more admirable decision than continuing to play and offer only token competition.
Hmm . . an interesting viewpoint. Well explained too. I see your point but . . .I dunno . .I guess I expect any top player to keep believing that they can at least get on the board. Unless they started the match feeling less than healthy but thinking that they'd play through it.