TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Lesley Turner

Thread: Lesley Turner
View Single Post

Old Oct 6th, 2012, 01:51 PM   #55
tennisvideos
Love the Legends of Tennis

tennisvideos has a reputation beyond repute tennisvideos has a reputation beyond repute tennisvideos has a reputation beyond repute tennisvideos has a reputation beyond repute tennisvideos has a reputation beyond repute tennisvideos has a reputation beyond repute tennisvideos has a reputation beyond repute tennisvideos has a reputation beyond repute tennisvideos has a reputation beyond repute tennisvideos has a reputation beyond repute tennisvideos has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Lesley Turner

Quote:
Originally Posted by SelesGOAT View Post
Didnt Turner lose a French Open once to Court after having Championship point. What a gut wrenching loss that must have been for her, especialy how much an additional slam means to players careers with relatively small number of them.
She did lose to Court after holding a match point in the final. And she also lost another to Durr in 67 after leading 4-2 in the final set.

Lesley was an awesome clay court player.

Last night I got an invitation to play in a Legends event in Sydney in November and who is in the player list? None other than Lesley Turner herself along with other legends like Ken Rosewall, Judy Tegart (Dalton), and about 8 others. I am so excited as I got to play against Rosewall late last year in a similar event and it was one of the greatest days of my life. I pray I get to play against Lesley and Ken again!
60s/70s: Evonne Goolagong .. Francoise Durr .. Chris Evert .. Margaret Court .. Nancy Richey .. Maria Bueno .. Billie-Jean King .. Lesley Turner .. Virginia Wade .. Ken Rosewall .. Rod Laver .. Bjorn Borg ..
Entertainers: .. Diana Ross .. Dionne Warwick .. Shirley Bassey .. Randy Crawford .. Burt Bacharach .. ABBA .. Woody Allen .. Maggie Smith .. Gena Rowlands .. Judy Davis .. Heath Ledger .. Little Britain ..
Inspiration: .. Jeshua Ben Josepth .. Conversations with God .. Abraham with Esther & Jerry Hicks .. P'taah ..
tennisvideos is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote