TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 5

View Single Post

Old Oct 6th, 2012, 01:48 PM   #4316
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce goose View Post
Again,you're avoiding the REAL issue;it's not a question of Caro's becoming a nominal,one-time Slam winner,she/we would like her to be a CONSISTENT THREAT at Slams and,as we can see from the losses above,she either lost in a much earlier round than her seeding would warrant,was completely dominated....or,in some cases,BOTH!All the evidence points to the fact that Caro's old game allowed her to SOMEtimes go deep in Slams but NOT win them.....and it was CARO who ultimately figured that out;it's insulting to suggest that she's so weak-minded or dizzy that she'd allow hostile media to brainwash her into believing that
She was getting deep into every hardcourt major. Final USO 2009, then SF SF in 2010,2011.She was one point from the AO final in 2011. At the FO she lost to the eventual champion, Schiavone in a QF in 2010. I thought her clay runup to 2011 FO was her best clay season. A good effort in a Rome SF to Sharapova. Wins in Brussels, Charleston, final Stuttgart.We disagree on how good she was. I think she was excellent and playing at the highest level besides Serena & Kim.You think she was going to lose every major no matter what. Now I agree with you. I cant see any slam draw she gets thru, the way she's playing
The weakminded part is NOT that she tried to improve. Its that she dropped so far, so fast.. with no reason for it. She was healthy, she played a full schedule, and now she hasnt made a Tier I/slam/YEC final since spring of 2011. The next chance is in 2013, and she'll be an outsider based on her 2012 form
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!