TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Were you guys satisfied by Sharapova and Azarenka this year?

View Single Post

Old Oct 6th, 2012, 02:26 PM   #28
country flag harloo

harloo has a reputation beyond repute harloo has a reputation beyond repute harloo has a reputation beyond repute harloo has a reputation beyond repute harloo has a reputation beyond repute harloo has a reputation beyond repute harloo has a reputation beyond repute harloo has a reputation beyond repute harloo has a reputation beyond repute harloo has a reputation beyond repute harloo has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Were you guys satisfied by Sharapova and Azarenka this year?

I was very impressed with Vika this year because she's improved by leaps and bounds in regards to mental toughness and execution. I feel like she's relatively young and theirs an upside to her game. She nearly beat Serena at the US Open and I truly believe she would've won it if The Great One didn't pull out one her infamous hat tricks.

As for Maria, what any player can learn from her is how to take advantage of your opportunities. More than anytime in her career Maria has proven(this year) that being at the right place at the right time can win you a slam. When all her opponents(even the favorites) faltered at the French Open she was there waiting with open arms. Maria's best quality is her mental toughness against 95% of the tour. She always finds a way to win even when she's playing bad. She had a great year. The rivalry between her and Azarenka should be interesting next season.

harloo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote