TennisForum.com - View Single Post - ADELE is back! Pre-Order her new song "Skyfall" NOW!

View Single Post

Old Oct 6th, 2012, 01:09 PM   #42
country flag Beat

Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute
Re: ADELE is back! Pre-Order her new song "Skyfall" NOW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KournikovaFan91 View Post
Nobody Does it Better and Live and Let Die are pretty well known still. In fact Nobody Does it Better actually goes beyond being a Bond song, its actually just a good song. Whereas Goldfinger for example will always just be considered a Bond song.

The best song I think is Duran Duran's View to a Kill. I also love Sheena Easton For your eyes only and A-ha The Living Daylights (only good thing about that film).
so you prefer the pop songs. fair enough, i love those songs, too, but i still think it's great that adele went back to the john barry roots.

and of course it's all hypothetical, but i still think that if ask 100 people on the street, a lot of them will know "goldfinger", and way less will know "nobody does it better". this does not mean that it's a better song or that i like it better, but the classic value of the shirley bassey songs is indisputable IMHO.

btw: http://www.tennisforum.com/showthrea...ght=james+bond

Beat is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote