TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Safina: Serena must play full year to be real No. 1

View Single Post

Old Oct 6th, 2012, 08:28 AM   #391
country flag SelesGOAT

SelesGOAT is a name known to all SelesGOAT is a name known to all SelesGOAT is a name known to all SelesGOAT is a name known to all SelesGOAT is a name known to all SelesGOAT is a name known to all SelesGOAT is a name known to all SelesGOAT is a name known to all SelesGOAT is a name known to all SelesGOAT is a name known to all SelesGOAT is a name known to all
Re: Safina: Serena must play full year to be real No. 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by doomsday View Post
I think that's the thing who annoys Safina and many more people. No matter how you twist it, it's certainly not a compliment to Vika to say that she is NOT the best player out there but that she is the N1.
Well then thats just too bad. When someone wins Wimbledon, U.S Open, Olympic Gold in the same year and nobody else has won more than 1 title of that magnitude for the year, and that same player is 6-0 vs the top 2 ranked players that year, that person will be considered the best player in the World and rightfully so, whether they deserve the #1 ranking or not. If Safina thinks that shouldnt be then she is living in a fantasy World that she needs to get out of, the same one she was leaving in when she said something like "to be #1 is to be remembered forever, slam winners come and go". Azarenka I am sure knows Serena is considered the best and will be until she starts winning as many recent major titles and beating Serena when they play, it probably bothers Safina way more than does it does Azarenka. Atleast people arent saying she is an unworthy #1 ranked player like Safina, I am sure she takes satisfaction in that, even if people know she isnt the best player, they atleast consider her worthy of being ranked #1, which they didnt for Safina and Wozniacki, and she can smile over the major title they didnt win. Best player is obviously the next step, and one she hasnt taken yet.
SelesGOAT is offline View My Blog!