TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Rosebud - Rosie Casals

View Single Post

Old Oct 6th, 2012, 01:20 AM   #31
country flag thrust

thrust has a reputation beyond repute thrust has a reputation beyond repute thrust has a reputation beyond repute thrust has a reputation beyond repute thrust has a reputation beyond repute thrust has a reputation beyond repute thrust has a reputation beyond repute thrust has a reputation beyond repute thrust has a reputation beyond repute thrust has a reputation beyond repute thrust has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Rosebud - Rosie Casals

Quote:
Originally Posted by samn View Post
I remember Bud Collins in the commentary booth once referring to Rosebud as the greatest shotmaker women's tennis had ever seen. Dick "Oh, my!" Enberg was really taken aback by Collins' claim and seemed to have no idea what being a shotmaker meant. He thought that Collins was claiming that Casals had better groundstrokes than any other woman player in history.
Rosie was, indeed, a great shotmaker. I was at that Forest Hills match in which she lost to Bueno in 3 sets. It was one of the finest women's matches I ever saw. Both players had great all-court games and could hit with power and finesse.
thrust is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote