TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Serena Fans "Talk About Any Damned Thing" Thread - SPECIAL: Happy 10 Year Anniversary

View Single Post

Old Oct 5th, 2012, 11:27 PM   #4389
country flag Pump-it-UP
Senior Stan

Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Serena Fans "Talk About Any Damned Thing" Thread - SPECIAL: Happy 10 Year Anniver

Quote:
Originally Posted by young_gunner913 View Post
Vika and Martha would've both had to lose early to make her even have a shot at YE #1. I doubt Serena really cares about finishing as the YE #1 when she knows she can get it back with some decent results in the early part of next year. Especially with Vika having a shit ton of points to defend and Martha's useless ass will remain useless.
Not necessarily. Serena would have had 10400 points to her ranking with Beijing + Istanbul titles. Martha, at best, would have had ~10000 with Beijing + Istanbul finals, so she's irrelevant. Serena would have been drawn to meet Azarenka in the semis of Beijing this week, and Azarenka would have then needed to make the Istanbul F (going undefeated in RR) to barely pass Serena by 10 points if my earlier math was correct. Or she could have passed Serena by 5 points if she won Linz and made the YEC semis (going undefeated in RR). Serena had a stronger shot to end the year at #1 than we all realize. #1 could have been in the palm of her hand if she just showed up to Beijing.
Pump-it-UP is offline View My Blog!