TennisForum.com - View Single Post - YEC qualifiers record against each other

View Single Post

Old Oct 5th, 2012, 10:54 PM   #50
country flag Sir Stefwhit

Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute
Re: YEC qualifiers record against each other

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vespertine69 View Post
Serena's record is obviously amazing, credit to how she owns almost any h2h.

Radwanska's record isn't really that surprising either... but I don't think it's fair to diss her for it. The strength of her game is in her consistency and control, and a fellow top player with a bigger game is going to do well against her if they play well. However, she makes up for it by almost never losing to non-top players, whereas many of the other top girls who have the bigger games (Kvitova, etc) are more prone to having a bad day versus a lower ranked player. Also, I think it's important to credit Radwanska for trying to become more aggressive and trying to add to her serve and ground game in order to make herself a bigger threat to other top players.
Well said! It's funny but back in the day I never "got" Hingis- I couldn't understand how she could win with her game but now that my tennis IQ is a bit higher I can now appreciate a player like Radwanska. I love watching her play and as a side effect it's allowed me to appreciate Hingis more.
The REAL GOAT Rafael Nadal
Future Inductees: Clijsters, C.Evert, A.Agassi, A.Berasategui, N. Zvereva, I.Majoli, M.Safin, Li Na, VIKA, and Del Potro
Sir Stefwhit is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote