TennisForum.com - View Single Post - ADELE is back! Pre-Order her new song "Skyfall" NOW!

View Single Post

Old Oct 5th, 2012, 12:58 PM   #23
country flag Londoner

Londoner has a reputation beyond repute Londoner has a reputation beyond repute Londoner has a reputation beyond repute Londoner has a reputation beyond repute Londoner has a reputation beyond repute Londoner has a reputation beyond repute Londoner has a reputation beyond repute Londoner has a reputation beyond repute Londoner has a reputation beyond repute Londoner has a reputation beyond repute Londoner has a reputation beyond repute
Re: ADELE is back! Pre-Order her new song "Skyfall" NOW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KournikovaFan91 View Post
Bassey gets so much praise for her songs however they are some of the worst in terms of chart success so I dunno why everyone loves them, from her era Carly Simon and Paul McCartney's songs are far superior.
Goldfinger and Diamonds were very much of their era when female singers wore spangles and fur and belted out big tunes on Saturday night TV shows. They are pretty much irrelevant now and I can't listen to them. Far too camp for me. Bassey became a charicature of herself, like a drag queen's impersonation of herself. I hope Adele doesn't go the same way with this. If I were a top selling recording artist these days, I wouldn't do a Bond theme. But hey she must have wanted to do it!
Londoner is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote