TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 5

View Single Post

Old Oct 5th, 2012, 12:18 PM   #4305
country flag Jimmie48
Live at the Rainbow!

Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 5

I thought they were heading for Florida?

Whatever, I have no hope regarding this ending anytime soon. And as far as finding other players, that's not necessary, but I do have to say, I have adjusted my expectations (and subsequentially my enthusiasm) in the past few months.

Until a year or so ago, I was 100% convinced that she was determined to become one of the greatest players. You know, win slam finals, reach three digit #1 weeks etc. I would have bet money on that simply because she wanted it so much.

Those days are gone, her determination has taken a visible hit and so has my hope of her ever getting there. I think this has happened to pretty much all of us in in here in some form of another. If you look at how the reactions have changed during the past 12 months, even 1R losses are mostly met by "meh" these days.

Once she really starts caring again, I'm happy to go along. This is kind of a two-way street, if an athlete tries it's easy to be excited... but disappearing to the golf course after a R1 slam loss isn't really the way to keep your fans' spirits up.

My Tennis Photo Database

Twitter
Jimmie48 is offline View My Blog!