TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Safina: Serena must play full year to be real No. 1

View Single Post

Old Oct 4th, 2012, 10:15 PM   #17
country flag Mr.Sharapova

Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Safina: Serena must play full year to be real No. 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olórin View Post
About what? About Victoria being the #1 player out there. Absolutely, she's deserving of the rank, and with a YEC and Beijing title would have an even stronger case for being the best player on the planet. But, Serena has played the full season to get her own rank, is it just a bad translation or does Dinara not even follow her own sport anymore?

To anyone who can think critically Serena still has an argument for being POY right now, i.e. the best player of the year - rankings or not. Anyway, the rankings were a joke with Dinara at the top. She was an awful #1 and even called herself a chicken in a slam final. That pretty much says it all when that's the alleged best player on the planet. The #1 ranked player isn't always the "world's best". Anyone with half a brain doesn't treat the rankings as a black and white text book of "who is better than who in male or female tennis.
Actually I think Dinara is the best slamless number one that the tour has had She challenged the best of the best while on top and she dominated everyone on clay when she was on top of the world rankings

Nobody said that Serena doesn't deserve the ranking that she has right now all Safina said was that Serena doesn't deserve to be number 1 especially considering the year that Azarenka has had so far. For me Victoria is a legit number one and should end the year as number 1, unless Sharapova somehow wins Beijing and YEC. Serena can take that number 2 rank from Maria but still Vika is far ahead of her.

And it's not about showing up at tournaments, it's about giving a damn about em.
Mr.Sharapova is online now View My Blog!