TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Stacey Allaster: "We believe our athletes are playing for their country every day"

View Single Post

Old Oct 4th, 2012, 08:41 PM   #40
country flag iWill

iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Stacey Allaster: "We believe our athletes are playing for their country every day

The athletes do represent their country every time they play. If they weren't receiving training or coaching provided through their national association they wouldn't be competing on the world stage for tour titles. Its a mutually beneficial relationship because the player receives the things that are often too difficult financially for them to provide themselves and the national association takes pride in its athletes winning under their country's flag.

The proposal for making Fed Cup over a two week or 7 day period would be interesting to watch unfold. It would have to be in a different location every year likely rotating between a city located within the world group I members because having a somewhat pre-determined location will allow for fans to travel to each city to support their country's team. It definitely could work and frankly having the Fed Cup season spread throughout the entire year is way more anti-climatic then this would be. In my mind I am thinking of Hopman Cup mixed with the Olympics. It would be a much larger draw for fans to watch and the tradition of it being annual won't have to go away.
iWill is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote