TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Caroline's Live Scoring Thread v 10

View Single Post

Old Oct 4th, 2012, 07:22 PM   #4453
country flag terjw

terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Caroline's Live Scoring Thread v 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoss View Post
By my calculation from the numbers given in this thread, Caro had 15 winners 18 unforced errors in the 2nd & 3rd set combined. Kerber had 27 winners 25 unforced errors in the 2nd & 3rd set combined and 27 winners 21 unforced errors in the 1st & 3rd set combined.
That's interesting that Kerber's stats in 1st and 3rd set are very similar to her stats in the 2nd and 3rd set and yet she had a much better 1st set than 2nd set. Caro's stats are of course very different. A horror show in the 1st set and thereafter much better. It would tend to imply that the difference was all down to Caro upping her level and that Kerber's level didn't change much in the three sets which isn't what I was getting from the LS comments..

Anyway - didn't see the match and I too thought beforehannd she would lose this one. But good to see that Caro made a real fight of this. If only she'd been a bit mentally stronger in the 3rd set and it sounds like she could have won.

Chris Evert, Steffi Graf, Kim Clijsters
terjw is offline View My Blog!