TennisForum.com - View Single Post - You know you are an obsessed tennis fan when you..

View Single Post

Old Oct 4th, 2012, 03:16 PM   #34
country flag August

August has a brilliant future August has a brilliant future August has a brilliant future August has a brilliant future August has a brilliant future August has a brilliant future August has a brilliant future August has a brilliant future August has a brilliant future August has a brilliant future August has a brilliant future
Re: You know you are an obsessed tennis fan when you..

These apply to me:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanda. View Post
- When you skip very important lessons just because you want to see your fave play aqainst unknown scrub in a 1st round of any tournement.
I'm not a player fan so that doesn't apply to me. But only some mandatoory tasks may make me not to watch slam semis and finals. And I may skip lectures if there are interesting matches, another Rafa v. Rosol would be as much a must-see than a slam final.

Quote:
- Staying awake during the AO so you won't miss anything of it or reorganize your daily schedule before the AO.
I go to bed as early as possible and wake up as early as possible.

And during USO I try to sleep a bit after school has ended before the play starts, so that I can watch matches a bit later.

Quote:
- When you meet someone who isn't a really tennis fan but when he/she just mentions a name of a famous tennis player, then you immediately start talking with him/her about your fav players, their play style, how awesome your fav players are and how much you love tennis in general and he/she is like "WTF is wrong with this guy".
When somebody starts talking about tennis, nothing stops me.

Quote:
- When you refuse to go out with your friends because you want to watch a Radwanska/Wozniacki match.
No matter who are playing, if there's an interesting match, I rather watch it alone than go out with friends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hindrance. View Post
See 'TF' and think of TF
This. And somebody mentioning pics brought David "Pics" Ferrer (MTF joke) to my mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmie48 View Post
- When you stay up until 6am in the morning during a rain delay waiting for play to be cancelled, dead tired but afraid that play could resume and you would miss it
This.

Quote:
- When upstairs neighbors get pissy about your middle of the night shouting and think you want to wind them up if you tell them it's because of a women's tennis match
I try not to disturb neighbours but sometimes I just have to shout: COME ON!!!

And I don't anymore keep the remote controller in my hand while watching tennis, I've dropped it many times when and epic fail happens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanda. View Post
- When your fav loses a very close match or a big match at any GS, you feel empty.
Two losses have been extremely annouying for me, another in tennis. Finland losing ice hockey Olympic final in 2006, and Federer losing Olympic final this summer, both were kind of now-or-never matches. And in general whenever my favourite has a now-or-never chance to achieve something big, and fails to do it, I feel empty.

And I want to add one more:

- When the first thing that comes to your mind of a city is a MM tournament.
August is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote