TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 5

View Single Post

Old Oct 4th, 2012, 01:00 PM   #4279
country flag Jimmie48
Don't stop me now!

Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlox View Post
The question really is: Why did she make these changes, that have so many of you thinking she's going to slink off into retirement?
I think she's looking for a quick fix to her problems. Tried Sanchez, didn work..broken up. Tried Johansson, didn't work, back to daddy. All within a 12-month period. If we buy into the mystery coach theory she has had three different coaches during the past 12 months!

She's willing to try something new because she obviously realized she was regressing but she's not willing to go the length required to make changes click. That's why I'm afraid retirement could become an option in her head, because she's exhausting her options...the problem is, she's doing it way too quickly.

Most top players have been with their coaches for a long-time, nothing comes easy or quickly. Sharapova sucked for months after she returned with Hogstedt, Sumyk needed years to shape Vika into the player she is today... it all takes time.

Caro just doesn't seem to have the patience for anything long term anymore and that's worrying because it leads me to believe she's not thinking long-term anymore.

My Tennis Photography - Flickr
Jimmie48 is offline View My Blog!