TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Stacey Allaster: "We believe our athletes are playing for their country every day"

View Single Post

Old Oct 3rd, 2012, 10:16 PM   #25
country flag Vincey!

Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Stacey Allaster: "We believe our athletes are playing for their country every day

Quote:
Originally Posted by aselto View Post
Hollywood movies do represent American culture, because they're cultural products from America that are popular both in America and elsewhere, ie. people do watch them in their free time. They might not be art, but they're definitely part of the culture.

And yes, I often find myself checking where the movie was made, or sometimes deliberately look for movies from a specific country to find out something about it, something I can't learn from a wikipedia entry.
Depends if you're talking about HOLLYWOOD movies or independent movies. Anyway movies are made to showcase the talent of an actor, writer, Producer, realisater etc ... way before representing a country. I think you confuse the fans perspective with the film making production. I mean yes for a fan the nationality might be a reason to follow, watch and look for a player/movie/music etc... BUT the other way is not really true. A player or a movie producer is not making his work to showcase and represent a country unless it's in a geographical or international competition. I'm talking about Professionals who make their living with that of course. NOt talking about amateurs. Anyway this doesn't mean that a player or anybody else is not proud to see their country flag when they achieve something big. it's just not their purpose.

"You're wasting your time,Go home and have a beer!" - Maria Sharapova-
Vincey! is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote