TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Stacey Allaster: "We believe our athletes are playing for their country every day"

View Single Post

Old Oct 3rd, 2012, 09:35 PM   #21
country flag Patrick345

Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Stacey Allaster: "We believe our athletes are playing for their country every day

I just don´t give a s*** about Fed-Cup. What competition of nations is played out over a year? None. Because nobody would give a s***, if you played the group stages of the World Cup in January, and a knockout stage round every two months thereafter. I say this every time the topic comes up. Just change the format. Play 32 nations in one big Fed Cup event every two years at the end of the season. Every Fed-Cup team has four players and each player has to play at least once. No further restrictions. Every tie features three singles and two doubles matches. Three points win. Instead of regular sets you play match tiebreak sets. That way you can finish a full Fed-Cup tie in one day easily and the whole event in two weeks. Lots of drama, lots of action, more doubles, more team strategy setting your line-ups, less physically demanding to the players.
Quiet. 24 SLAMS.
Patrick345 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote