TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Zvonareva & Kuznetsova

View Single Post

Old Oct 3rd, 2012, 04:14 PM   #25
country flag dsanders06
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Zvonareva & Kuznetsova

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean. View Post
Zvonareva's coming back, she's confirmed she'll play next year & has hired a new coach.

She just wants to properly rest and heal her shoulder!
Is she skipping the Australian Open? A protected ranking will only kick in for her if she stays off until February, I think.

I may regret saying this, but I really have a feeling this injury will be a blessing in disguise for Kuznetsova. This is actually the first time in her career pretty much that she's had an extended layoff (she's been one of the most fortunate players when it comes to injuries), and we've seen dozens of times in recent years that a burnt-out player can suddenly discover how much they love tennis if they just take a bit of time off. Her career has pretty much mirrored Mary Pierce's so far, and I wouldn't be surprised if she similarly had a late-career surge back to the top of the game.
dsanders06 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote