TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Kirilenko gets the 2nd WC for Sofia MM YEC

View Single Post

Old Oct 2nd, 2012, 04:22 PM   #47
country flag Celeborn

Celeborn is a name known to all Celeborn is a name known to all Celeborn is a name known to all Celeborn is a name known to all Celeborn is a name known to all Celeborn is a name known to all Celeborn is a name known to all Celeborn is a name known to all Celeborn is a name known to all Celeborn is a name known to all Celeborn is a name known to all
Re: Kirilenko gets the 2nd WC for Sofia MM YEC

I never liked this tournament very much. It is basically a chance for 8 players ranked roughly between 11 and 30 for some cheap points who are all more or less randomly selected. I don't see why a player ranked for instance 20 deserves this chance more than a player ranked for instance 17 just because the former won luckily an international while the latter did not. The numbers are just arbitrary here, no particular players in mind .

Still, only the 2 finalists get a really high amount of points, but they don't have to beat top 10 payers, so it is in a way the easiest opportunity all year. For Kirilenko, this is the 4th tournament, she never participated although she was always top 30, so I think she totally deserves her wild card.
Celeborn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote