TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Kirilenko gets the 2nd WC for Sofia MM YEC

View Single Post

Old Oct 2nd, 2012, 03:09 AM   #37
country flag Achernar

Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future
Re: Kirilenko gets the 2nd WC for Sofia MM YEC

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaKiri rulezzz View Post
they changed it to round robin?!

yeahhhh, so at least three matches for kiri
I hope she can be at 100 % then

and yeah, she deserves that wildcard! runner-up in pattaya and new haven, plus semifinal at the olympics and quarter at wimby
Indeed, among the players who haven't won an International, Kirilenko was the best choice for Sofia. Certainly, she deserves this wild card a lot more than Kimiko or Pironkova, who received it because of their nationality or ethnicity.

The whole concept is ludicrous, with the attribution of WC and the fact that only Internationals are taking into consideration, while some players could have win a Premier 5 or intermediate tournaments and beeing exluded. That being said, if they are to assign WC, Kirilenko was the most logical choice in terms of achievement this year. I only hope she'll be healthy.
Achernar is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote