TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Forbes:List Of The World's Highest-Paid Tennis Players 2012

View Single Post

Old Oct 1st, 2012, 10:06 PM   #25
country flag Jimmie48
Live at the Rainbow!

Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Forbes:List Of The World's Highest-Paid Tennis Players 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetadri06 View Post
Caroline probably does have a more attractive personality but I'm saying that these deals she made only after she got to number one. I would say Vika has a nice personality too it's just that her agent isn't aggressive enough and Serena/Maria both winning slams this year overshadowed her slam win/number one rank. Compared to Caroline, who basically dominated 2011 except for winning a slam. Vika did not make as much as she could have this year.
You have to consider the long-term effect, it takes time for this stuff to develop. Caro's 2012 earnings look good even though her season has been very poor, the hit from that will come in 2013.

For example, around Wimbledon there were talks about her closing a major contact extension with Adidas. It has gotten awfully quiet since then, her results don't really strengthen her position. Same with Turkish airlines, missing Istanbul will be a big blow for them.

She's helped by the fact that she's likable and she has a celebrity boyfriend but that won't keep her afloat forever, she has to deliver results again or her earnings will suffer next year. It just takes a while until current results can be seen in these numbers.

My Tennis Photo Database

Twitter
Jimmie48 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote