TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Lauren Davis

Thread: Lauren Davis
View Single Post

Old Oct 1st, 2012, 07:13 PM   #351
country flag King Halep
♥ Si Si Simona Si Si Si

King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Lauren Davis

LAS VEGAS, USA: The inaugural ‘Party Rock Open’ sponsored by Redfoo from hit music group LMFAO featured an all-American final as teenagers Lauren Davis, 18, and Shelby Rogers, 19, took to the court to contest the singles title match.

The pair had met twice previously during 2012 with Davis coming out on top on both occasions, the most recent of which was in the first round in Albuquerque, NM the week prior to their arrival in Las Vegas.

Davis, the second seed, playing in what was her second final in as many weeks, lost the opening set on a tiebreak to her unseeded opponent who had yet to drop a set during the week. The 18-year-old then raced to a 5-2 lead in the second set but was forced into calling a medical timeout and became physically sick whilst seated in her chair.

Could Davis's recent run of late night matches added to her five tough three set matches contested over her last nine matches stretching back to their previous encounter finally be taking their toll?

“I think I was just dehydrated,” commented Davis. “That’s never happened to me in a match like that but it has in practice. I had three late night matches and I think it was all just a little bit too much.”

Following her treatment, Davis was up and out of her chair to take the next game and wrap up the set to level the match. This final, much to the delight of those watching, was going to continue into a decisive third set where, with another 62 score line, Davis became the first Party Rock champion.

This title win has elevated Davis up the WTA rankings charts to a new career high of 91, a ranking which sees her break into the Top 100 for the first time.

“At the start of the year I had a goal to break into the Top 100 before my 19th birthday, so I guess I made it,” said Davis, who began 2012 ranked at 320 and turns 19 early next week (9 October).
King Halep is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote