TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Serena's 2013 Clay Court Strategy

View Single Post

Old Sep 30th, 2012, 06:26 PM   #41
country flag TheDream

TheDream has a reputation beyond repute TheDream has a reputation beyond repute TheDream has a reputation beyond repute TheDream has a reputation beyond repute TheDream has a reputation beyond repute TheDream has a reputation beyond repute TheDream has a reputation beyond repute TheDream has a reputation beyond repute TheDream has a reputation beyond repute TheDream has a reputation beyond repute TheDream has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Serena's 2013 Clay Court Strategy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrProdigy555 View Post
Only one strategy: Stop mentally defeating herself.

I think this whole "be calm," "stay calm," "you play better when you're calm" thing that she has been doing post French Open is all in preparation for the 2013 French Open, to be honest.

Yeah, none of it is that crap about her game not being suited to clay, or get movement or footwork. That's I think it's all mental at this stage. Her last 3 losses at the FO she had significant leads including a match point against Stosur. Not to mention tough 3 set losses to Capriati and not even mention the emphasis one to Henin. That match might have really rattled her confidence because of the circumstances, she was chasing history, and the crowd reaction and getting involved. But, it's not at the FO, she's lost tons of 3 set matches on clay even while having match points.
TheDream is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote