TennisForum.com - View Single Post - 'Journey Women' who became top players for a brief period before returning to norm?

View Single Post

Old Sep 30th, 2012, 05:11 PM   #74
country flag King Halep
♥ Si Si Simona Si Si Si

King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 'Journey Women' who became top players for a brief period before returning to nor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Stefwhit View Post
I don't know when I think German the first person that comes to my mind is Anna-Lena Groenefeld. In 2008 she was named WTA Player Of the Year. In 2005 she made it to the 3rd round in 3 out of the 4 slams. And in 2006 she had career high of 19.

Then it was back to obscurity...lol. She spent most of her first 5 years on tour outside of the top 100 and after her small window of success she collapsed and dipped to the 70's, then out of the top 100 the following year and then finished her last year outside of the top 500.
The topic specifically mentioned Journey Women and some of the players being listed here are nothing like that. It is clear that a lot of GM is unable to grasp the subtleties of language. The trajectory you describe here does not sound like a Journey Woman, she sounds like a talented player who had coaching and injury problems and quit singles well before she could join the Julia Cohens of the tour. She is now a doubles player and quite a good one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elwin. View Post
There are quite a few players mentioned here, that got f*cked up by injuries etc. , and were unable to return to the top
Thank you Elwin.
King Halep is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote