TennisForum.com - View Single Post - ** Masha News and Articles! ** Vol. 2

View Single Post

Old Sep 30th, 2012, 12:07 PM   #5057
country flag Sharapovian
RG '14

Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute
Re: ** Masha News and Articles! ** Vol. 2

Quote:
Maria Sharapova
On being injured last fall but healthy this fall...
"Everything after the US Open this year is kind of a bonus for me, because last year I sprained my ankle in Tokyo and pretty much missed the rest of the season, missing this tournament and not really being fit for Istanbul. So this week, every match I play, win or lose, I'm really happy to be healthy, really happy to be No.2 in the world, and really happy to have had the year I've had."

On how long she plans to play...
"I'm sitting in this position and thinking I still have so much passion for what I do. I love going out and competing and learning and trying to get better. This career only goes on for so many years - it would be stupid to not take advantage of the fact that you really enjoy doing something, and like waking up in the morning and getting better at it. I've done this from a very young age, and I don't see my life without it. So there's no reason to even think of retirement."

On whether she sees more Asians winning Grand Slams...
"Li Na set an incredible example last year, what she accomplished when maybe not so many people believed it would happen so soon. She certainly set the example for so many young girls and boys in this country, and also all of Asia."
http://www.wtatennis.com/page/OffCou...934321,00.html